ASK Investment Managers
ASK Investment Managers (ASK IM) is the Investment Management business as well as the holding company of ASK Group. We are a leading private discretionary money management firm in India, and are licensed portfolio managers and investment advisors, regulated by the Securities and Exchange Board of India, Mumbai.
We invest exclusively in listed Indian equities for our clientele who are India domiciled, as well as offshore, through segregated accounts and commingled funds.
In essence, we provide:
- Singular focus on listed Indian equities
- Purely discretionary investment management
- Focus on mindset alignment and philosophy match during client selection
Our current clients include HNIs, Institutions, Pension Funds, Endowments, SWFs, Family Offices and Multi-Managers
Our core philosophy at ASK Investment Managers revolves around two key aspects: first achieve capital protection (over time) and then follow it with capital appreciation. We seek to invest in Indian equities that run high quality businesses, operated by a high quality management, enjoying sustained long-term growth prospects at fair and reasonable prices.
Overarching Investing Philosophy and Principles:
- Greater certainty of earnings v/s. mere quantum of earnings growth
- Superior and consistent quality of earnings v/s. mere quantum of earnings growth
- High quality at a reasonable price v/s. inferior quality at an arithmetically ‘cheap’ price
Our Investment Approach ensures:
- Pricing the value rather than valuing the price
- A disciplined investing into outstanding businesses
- Building a portfolio of compounding opportunities
- Buy ‘growth’ businesses at ‘value’ prices
Our approach is not to buy mediocre businesses at cheap prices, but high-quality businesses at fair prices. Further to this, our Key Investment Attributes work towards carving out investment strategies that target a defined objective and attain a specific characteristic.
“Investing”, as Buffett says, “is simple but not easy”. It is the implementation of the simple things consistently and with discipline during all market conditions, that requires character, which makes all the critical difference. Our core advantage lies in the disciplined and consistent execution of these ‘simple’ things and doing them well.
At ASK Investment Managers, we maintain:
- Disciplined adherence to investment philosophy / process
- Strong in-house proprietary research
- Team bandwidth and experience
- Strong relationships and industry interfaces
- Comprehensive understanding of Indian businesses and industries
- Focus on long term performance track record